Thursday, April 3, 2014

Deployment Redecorating

If your a military spouse who has gone through long periods of being away from your spouse, you will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!

My husband left in July for a 9 month-ish deployment. On day two of his deployment I wrote out a "goals" list for myself so I had something to look forward to doing while he was gone. The first couple months went great, I was checking things off like crazy! The holidays came around and I realized that all my ideas and projects were either not getting done or I wasn't finishing what I started! About Mid September I started painting the inside of our home. The first two days were great and then I got lazy. I kept on telling myself that as long as I got it done before Roy (my husband) got home I was good. Two weeks before Christmas I realized that I invited a few families over for Christmas Eve dinner & I had a very noticeable half painted house. Just days before Christmas Eve, I rushed through Home Depot got everything I needed and quickly painted the rest of the house.  I couldn't believe that it took me almost 4 months to finish 8 walls AND 2 walls in the kitchen aren't even finished!
I knew after the painting situation I needed to re-think some of my goals. The holidays are always a busy time for Created On 86th because everyone wants their orders before Christmas. The new year came around and I decided that the only things on my goal that I was going to finish were those that didn't include much thought or work.
With homecoming just around the corner, I have ran a business, painted the inside of my house, moved furniture around, bought new furniture, move THAT furniture around and so much more!

Today  Drugstore Divas posted a great deal from Walgreens. I got 10 picture prints for FREE! I took them on the offer ALONG with the 20% off discount for military (Thursdays in WA state)  for the extras that I purchased. I headed over to Walmart afterwards and grabbed some simple white frames.
I'm by no means a photographer but I finally finished our bedroom.
This is the last wall that had to have something on it :) 

What did you redecorate while your spouse was gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment